Here is what we want to see in future front-end programs for ioquake3:
- Visually appealing UI, with ioquake3 theme.
- RSS newsfeed of ioquake3
- Ability to update itself.
- Cross platform.
- Ability to load/save profiles.
- Player name rendered as it appears in ioquake3.
- Player model rendered in a OpenGL view.
- Load ioquake3, mods & ioquake3-based games from the front-end.
- Built-in server browser.
- Pre-load game data from Quake 3: Arena/Team Arena CDs into correct location (with id EULA pop-up).
- Download/Update stable ioquake3 engine.
- Download/Update & test nightly builds of ioquake3 engine, without disturbing stable version.
- Download/Update ioquake3 based mods, maps, models & stand-alone games.
- LAN Bootstrap: For LAN admins/users to quickly pre-load content from local server.
- Ability to download content via http, ftp & bittorrent.
- Set global ioquake3 variable & command-line options, with human readable descriptions.
- Game server administration via built-in RCON client.