Things I want to see in ioquake3's new baseioq3 sub-project:
- three-ten unique maps.
- Only one of which has to be available in the first release.
- The first of which should demonstrate the unique features of ioquake3 in the form of a "zoo" style map.
- enhanced audio (OpenAL), VOIP (speex), enhanced portability (libSDL), enhanced security (patching known issues...)
- Sound effects, menus,
- again, only a bare minimum is required for the first release.
- 3-4 default weapon styles (machine gun, rocket launcher, shotgun, )
- Only one of which would be required for the first release.
- 3-4 different character models (man, woman, whatever)
- Only one is required for the first release
All of this could come from OpenArena initially, but I'd like to replace that with creative commons content that has a consistent art style down the line.